Termite Removal in Long Island
Though the most common type of termite is the subterranean species, there are a lot of varieties of termite that are native to New York. Much like carpenter ants, termites have a caste system that is divided into worker termites, soldier termites, and swarmer termites.
- Swarmer termites – Typically easier to spot, they are black and have two wings
- Soldier termites – Brown head, large wingless cream colored thorax
- Worker termites – Cream colored and wingless
All termites are drawn to wooden or cellulose-based materials, including wooden trim, decks and fences. This also includes wooden walls or ceilings, including roofs and tiles and foundations.
If you have been experiencing any of the following classic warning signs, it may be time to call the Long Island pest control experts at Extermicore:
- Increased presence of termite swarmers, termite wings or termite frass (wood shavings and droppings)
- Termite mud tubes
- Damaged wood
Termites cost homeowners and property owners as much as 5 billion dollars every year in repairs and damages.
Signs of Termite Infestation in New York
There are a few telltale indications that an exterminator may be needed:
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Termite frass (wood shavings and droppings)
- Mud tubes are about the size of a pencil and can usually be found on wooden beams or in dark spaces
- Discarded wings from termite swarmers
Call 219-945-3638 or fill out the form on this page and we will contact you within one day regarding your termite removal.