Ants are one of the most common pests in the world. They’re also one of the most annoying. If you’ve ever found yourself with ants in your house, you know how frustrating it can be. Extermicore understands the hassle and would be happy to help you get rid of them!
But what attracts ants to your home in the first place? Here are 5 reasons why ants might be attracted to your house:
1. Food – Ants are attracted to food just like any other creature. If you have food out in the open or crumbs on the floor, chances are ants will find their way to it.
2. Warmth – In cold weather, ants will often seek out warmth by entering homes through cracks and crevices. Once they’re inside, they’ll build their nests near sources of heat such as radiators and fireplaces.
3. Moisture – Ants require moisture to survive, so they’re often drawn to damp areas such as basements and crawlspaces. They may also enter homes through plumbing fixtures that provide a source of water.
4. Shelter – During periods of bad weather, ants may seek shelter from the elements by entering homes through cracks and crevices. Once they’re inside, they’ll build their nests in protected areas such as closets and under furniture.
5. Chemicals – Some ants are attracted to certain chemicals that are used in households, such as cleaning products and laundry detergents.
If you find yourself with ants in your house, don’t despair. Extermicore, Long Island’s pest control professionals, can help. We’re 5-star rated and fully insured, so you can rest assured that your home will be ant-free afterward. Call us today at 516-524-0673 to schedule your pest control or insect removal services today!
#1 in Happy Customers
Call Now! (516) 524-0673
Long Island’s #1 Pest Control COMPANY
SCHEDULE SERVICE NOW!