5 Essential Steps for Preparing Your Home For Summer to Keep Insects and Pests at Bay
As the weather warms up, insects and pests become more active, and they can be a nuisance for homeowners. However, there are several things you can do to prepare your home for warmer weather to prevent insects and pests from taking over.
1. Keep Your Home Clean and Decluttered
One of the best ways to prevent insects and pests is to keep your home clean and decluttered. Here are some tips:
- Vacuum your floors regularly to remove crumbs and debris that may attract insects and pests.
- Keep your kitchen clean by wiping down surfaces and storing food in airtight containers.
- Declutter your home by getting rid of unnecessary items that can provide hiding places for insects and pests.
2. Seal Any Cracks or Holes
Insects and pests can enter your home through small cracks and holes. Here’s what you can do:
- Inspect your home’s exterior for any cracks or holes and seal them with caulk or another appropriate sealant.
- Check your windows and doors for gaps, and use weatherstripping or door sweeps to seal them.
3. Remove Standing Water
Standing water can attract insects. Here are some tips:
- Regularly empty any standing water around your home, such as in flower pots, bird baths, or gutters.
- Fix any leaky pipes or faucets that may be causing standing water.
4. Store Firewood Properly
Storing firewood improperly can attract insects and pests. Here’s what you can do:
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Keep firewood elevated off the ground and covered with a tarp to prevent moisture buildup.
5. Hire a Professional Pest Control Service
Finally, if you’re still experiencing problems with insects and pests, it may be time to hire a professional pest control service. A pest control professional can identify the source of the problem and provide effective solutions to eliminate pests from your home.
Extermicore is Here to Help with Your Pest Control and Insect Removal Needs
By following these tips, you can prepare your home for warmer weather and prevent insects and pests from becoming a problem. A little bit of prevention can go a long way in keeping your home pest-free.